Exactly one year after the launch of the US’s strategy for Afghanistan, critics say the war has intensified rather than ended.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the drawn out rocket attack on Kabul, which injured at least six people.
Hekmatyar said any group that continues the war is working for foreigners and is the enemy of Islam and the Afghan people.
The former Balkh governor also stated that since the end of the last ceasefire, over 7,000 Afghan security forces have been killed.
The attack came less than two days after the president announced a ceasefire with the Taliban – who have not yet responded.
The attack started at about 9am while the president was delivering his Eid message.
The freed troops surrendered to the Taliban after their appeals for supplies and assistance were allegedly ignored last week.
The Taliban has not yet responded to the president’s announcement on Sunday of a conditional ceasefire.
Erik Prince says his plan will end the war and save thousands of lives and cost only a fraction of what the US is currently spending.
The US and Pakistan have both called on the Taliban to respect the ceasefire, saying it will hopefully be for an extended period of time…
Sign up to receive the best of Tolo News daily